Art of Agile Foundations
„If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
Sir Isaac Newton
WHAT IS AGILE FOR US?
- a modern way of discovering the world
- the harmony of head, heart and hand – thought, feeling and will to act
- simplicity – untangling complexity (mindset shift)
- a set of values and a way of thinking
- focus (goals, mission, vision)
- freedom to make decisions (responsibility)
- creating space for free will
- retrospection and re-planning
- the dynamic, the moving is stronger in the long run than the rigid form
- a therapy for weak, ill organisations
- a transformational journey from Amber to Teal
- (heart)beat, rhythm – sustainable pace
- a collection of vital forms
- experiencing gratitude in the process of delivery, handover (accomplishment)
- the experience of community and flow
- focusing on continuous improvement
- the gym where we can exercise being present – learning from the past, pre-sensing the future
- improving the ability to make decisions
WHAT DOES ‘ART’ MEAN IN OUR NAME?
Agile was born in the fastest improving and developing field of our era, IT. However, it has since grown well out of its cradle. While we can describe the laws of some software development processes or team dynamics quite precisely, the operations of a whole organisation or the mystery of leadership can only be unravelled with humility, balancing awareness and inspiration. We have experience in and practice several forms of art. We are witnessing the birth of a new social art form, which draws inspiration from classical art as well: eurhythmics, drama, fine arts, music, etc.