Art of Agile Foundations
„If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
Sir Isaac Newton
WHAT IS AGILE FOR US?
- a modern way of discovering the world
- the harmony of head, heart and hand – thought, feeling and will to act
- simplicity – untangling complexity (mindset shift)
- a set of values and a way of thinking
- focus (goals, mission, vision)
- freedom to make decisions (responsibility)
- creating space for free will
- retrospection and re-planning
- the dynamic, the moving is stronger in the long run than the rigid form
- a therapy for weak, ill organisations
- a transformational journey from Amber to Teal
- (heart)beat, rhythm – sustainable pace
- a collection of vital forms
- experiencing gratitude in the process of delivery, handover (accomplishment)
- the experience of community and flow
- focusing on continuous improvement
- the gym where we can exercise being present – learning from the past, pre-sensing the future
- improving the ability to make decisions
WHAT DOES ‘ART’ MEAN IN OUR NAME?
Agility has its roots in the most technically and socially innovative and fast-growing field of this age, IT, but it has now outgrown this cradle considerably.
While we can describe the laws of some software development processes or team dynamics quite precisely, we can only explore the functioning of an entire company or the mystery of management with the right balance of humility, awareness and artistic flair.
We have experience and practice in the application of many arts. We are witnessing the emergence of a new social art inspired by the classical arts (movement, drama, visual arts, music, etc.). For us, an important mission is to bring the whole of the human being into the world of work and organisations, and to inspire new ideas in the leaders of organisations through the arts.